Friday, March 9, 2012

If Sylvia Plath were a LOLcat

 Oh dear oh dear, long time no blog. I've been working hard over the summer but hope to be working less hard as of about today and to come back to the blog. Here in the meantime is something I've been meaning to do for a while now.

Having only just discovered the LOLcat translation of T.S. Eliot's 'The Waste Land', a mere 5 years after it was written, I'm reminded that someone once asked me for a similar translation of Sylvia Plath. So here it is.


The Shorter 'Daddy'


I'm in ur shoe
DO NOT LIKE

Papa Cat is marbl stachoo
marbl harbls
toe as big as walrus, no haz bukkit

Papa Cat is Jerman, or possbly Polish.
Girl kittehs luv Cats That Look Like Hitler WTF?

Oh hai, Ted Hughes
WANT

Whoops, Ted Hughes is vampyr, wait, what?
Not sparkly, DO NOT WANT

Papa Cat is Ceiling Cat
Ted Hughes is Papa Cat
Papa Cat is Basement Cat
kthxbai


7 comments:

naomi said...

I think you won the internets today. Thank you for making me laugh. Sorry, LOL ...

David Prater said...

LULZ

francine said...

awesome.

Helen said...

LIKE

Casey said...

"Girl kittehs luv Cats That Look Like Hitler WTF?"

I still find this profoundly true, even in cat.

Ozfemme said...

Loved it. Thank you.

Kay said...

Perfect! rofl miaow