Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Birthday hamper for ThirdCat

Renowned South Australian blogger, mother, novelist and standup comedian Adelaide From Adelaide, AKA ThirdCat, has gone to live in Abu Dhabi for a while and is having a significant birthday there, so I've made her a virtual hamper of South Australian treats. The photo at the end is of Fisherman's Jetty in Port Pirie; it's actually dawn, not sunset as the poem* suggests, but the effect is the same.

*'The Idea of Order at Key West' by Wallace Stevens



Best chox in the universe.

Langhorne Creek Lake Breeze Bernoota Shiraz. Observe medals.

Almond milk rock ...

... and mixed lollies with snakes.




... tell me, if you know,
Why, when the singing ended and we turned
Toward the town, tell why the glassy lights,
The lights in the fishing boats at anchor there,
As the night descended, tilting in the air,
Mastered the night and portioned out the sea,
Fixing emblazoned zones and fiery poles,
Arranging, deepening, enchanting night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, wow

I was doing such a good job of not crying too.

that is...well, when you start a blog, you would never imagine such gifts

thank you. really.
xx

fifi said...

I thought for a moment you were really sending a hamper and I was busy thinking what I could put in it....


that is lovely.
I wish her happy birthday too.