Get out your pen and paper, it's larnin' time with the Caterist, Simpleton
"AI" Simon, Geoff chambering a Pauline round, and the Major doing Major ...
-
Reasons not to vote Labor, part 3 ... in which Jason Clare goes full
luddite ...
The header:
*By Nick Cater**Jason Clare demands return to pen and pa...
4 hours ago


4 comments:
Purty. Not exactly what I would call an urban image, but purty, all the same.
'zactly -- the main street of Adders is a short walk up the riverbank behind me, the Festival Centre is a couple of hundred metres to my left, and that's Adelaide Oval through the trees.
Now all I have to do is work out where I read that the dying tubercular Colonel Light, Surveyor-General and designer of the parklands, said 'At least my city will have lungs.'
Good answer.
That's good about the lungs, too. I always thought that was Robert Hoddle about Melbourne. Is this an urban myth of origins, perhaps?
One of my ancestors came to Australia with Colonel Light and aided in the layout of Adelaide, one of the reasons I love Adelaide so much - apart from the lovely flat streets in the city where I can walk with ease. In my case the comment about the city having lungs is particularly apt and probably explains why I can do as much walking there as I do when I visit.
I love the tranquillity reflected in the photo.
Post a Comment