Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I always did like John Alexander

"We don't need dreary old feminism any more, it's all irrelevant [sic], we're equal now, we're empowered."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


UPDATE: Mindy's comment has alerted me to the fact that this is a very ambiguous post. The above quotation is attributed not to John Alexander but rather to assorted young women I've heard expressing that opinion in recent years. The hollow laughter is my response, and the link explains why. John Alexander actually comes out of it looking really good.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Can we have a priviledge check on register 4 please, priviledge check.

Mindy said...

Sorry, that doesn't make sense now that I've read the link. I should be saying "Yay for John Alexander". Apologies.

wv: rifinsuc

That's me told.

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

I did wonder.

naomi said...

that got me too

Francis Xavier Holden said...

Weird - 'cos Serena is much better looking anyway.

Dr Troppo said...

Yes, and for men's events center court should be reserved for players with a good sense of humor (especially if they wear pirate boots).

Mindy said...

I was thinking this morning that John Alexander, Serena Williams, Svetlana Kusnetsova, and me all had something in common. We all made the mistake of thinking that Wimbledon was about tennis.

WV likes me now: fixteroo

Fine said...

Yep, I'm surprised that i have to like JA now. He's always come across as a bit of a pompous doofus to me.

skepticlawyer said...

If nothing else this shows the Australian passion for sport above all in a positive light. Just watching all the Aussies over here rounding the Poms up over this decision is hilarious.

'No wonder you can't win anything!' seems to a popular refrain, from men as much as women.